Monday 2 May 2011

ACT 5- Self Reflection

I am feeling very sad about the death of Romeo and Juliet. I know that I am definitely not to blame for her death, as I am the only one who ACTUALLY cared for her, but I still have very much regret.

Without me being in her life, I am sure she would have met her destiny much much sooner unfortunately. However, she would have also never met Romeo, experienced true love, and died with him. I just wish I could go back five years and tell her parents how much she needed them in her life to set her straight, as I truly believe that could have changed this whole situation.

“Pray you, sir, a word: and as I told you, my young lady bade me inquire you
out;” – Nurse to Romeo
This shows that from the start I have encouraged Juliet to go after who she loves. Even though I did not agree with Romeo, I saw how happy he made her, and wanted her to be happy.

“Will you speak well of him that kill’d your cousin?” –Nurse
This shows that I am cautious of the fact that Romeo is more upset about Romeo being exiled than poor Tybalt being dead. I dearly miss Tybalt and it seemed odd to me that she wasn’t mourning as I was. It was a case of foreshadowing her death.

xoxox nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment